Oracle released its new SE2 Database variant on 1st September 2015.
The new version is required for use with Agile PLM e6.2. Clients using the Standard Edition should note that there have been changes to the licensing model.
The new Standard Edition 2 (SE2) will completely replace the previous Standard Edition (SE) and Standard Edition 1 (SE1) variants. Premier support for the last version of SE and SE1 (Release 18.104.22.168) will be supplied up to 31st August 2016.
The key features of Database‘s SE2 variant are:
- Maximum number of sockets = 2
- Maximum usable cores per server = unlimited
- Maximum number of DB instances per server = unlimited
- Maximum number of simultaneous threads per DB instance = 16 (important in large-scale DB applications based on SE2)
- Minimum number of NUPs (Named User Plus) = 10
See Oracle Oracle for more major features.
Existing clients with 4-socket systems must note that only systems with a maximum of 2 sockets are permitted for operation with SE2 (22.214.171.124). SE1 or SE licences are not migrated automatically by Oracle. Clients must explicitly consent to the new conditions (# sockets, # threads, minimum NUP licences).
Migration from SE1 to SE2 will incur additional support costs (20% uplift). No uplift charges will be made for SE to SE2; however, please note the restriction to a maximum of 2 sockets.